View Profile Kinsei

33 Movie Reviews

Happy Holidays

Everyone did an excellent job. It was pretty awesome to work with Bob and see everyone's work as it came along.

Lol

Excellent Job Guys!
Ash, you should be proud!
Happy Birthday man.

I now Know how...

....to #1
Thank you... this may come in handy in the future. Like knowing how to Dispose of a body.
Happy Clock Day

bobsmi responds:

Thanks!

23 Game Reviews

Fucking hell this game is awesome.
And to make things better, I'm kind of buzzed, its 1 a.m. I got all the lights off, and my cat just brushed up against my leg.... I couldn't describe the level of horror I felt at that moment.
so. fucking. sweet.

Man, really needs some work.
You need a flying animation for Dash.
Do some better hit states for the clouds/dash. I'm barely even close to a cloud and I get shoved back hard, while also losing all my Rainboom power. A good offset would be to let the player fly through white clouds, get slowed by the light gray ones, and stopped by the dark gray clouds.

Couple power ups for the player would be nice too. Even simple ones like a boost in Rainboom power

If nothing else, get that hit state fixed and get the clouds spaced out a little. Players would be much happier even with that much.

I think the number one thing wrong with this game would either fall to the balancing issue, or the issue of not being able to hit anything.
Both of these are something you really need to adjust. Especially when the shuppets arrive. None of the shots any pokemon fire hit them. It very annoying knowing that although I have quite a few higher level pokemon, I can't stop any of the shuppets because none of the slow moving bullets fired will make contact to do damage. So increase the bullet speed.

Fix the upgrades to increase more than just the damage and a slight boost to the radius. A attack speed adjustment would be nice as well.

Oh yeah, fix the lagg problem as well. Once a wave starts to get on the board, this thing starts to bog down pretty badly.

Fix the bugs on the placement, I had to restart the entire game because it would no longer let me place any pokemon.

There is a lot of issues to fix in this, but if you can get them under control, the I think it'll do alright.

13 Audio Reviews

I'm liking it. It has solid rhythm and wouldn't be out of place in a boss battle or some general battle music.
As a more general tune, its good. but it lacks some really strong lead that would stand out above the rest of the instruments. Around 1:40 you start to get a lead guitar, but I feel it doesn't push out enough from the rest of the music and only goes along with the melody rather than leading it.
So you might want to throw something a little more in their a little earlier in the song because what you do have comes so close to the end.

I do like the song, and to be honest I'll be faving this for a possible future inclusion on a game or something.
So keep it up, you got some nice stuff here.

frootza responds:

Thanks for the review Kinsei!

I agree with you completely. I expect to rework the track entirely when I have a better VST to work with. The particular distortion sound needs a bit of work, and I just couldn't find the right lead sound based on what I was working with. I'll keep you posted when I make any changes! I'd love it if you included this, or any of my tracks on a game. I have a few more metal songs that I should be posting this week!

frootza

Damn, really like that Conan one.
And the Dr. Evil is sweet.
The Cartman seemed a little high pitch.
Enjoying Splinter.
So long, and thanks for all the fish was spot on.

Very good. :3

bigjonny13 responds:

Thanks Kinsei, glad you liked it :D

At first when I heard the bells, I was thinking that this would be a typical cover of the song, and then the music started and I damn near blammed it. It was kind of muddled and made no sense. It was toned down as if was suppose to have lyrics. Then the lyrics started in. Really tied the thing together.

Nice save. Good way to jazz up a classic

Keegs responds:

Hahaha. Thanks! The intro is actually part of the score to a short film I made. The actual rock part of this song is the part where the credits roll in! I'm posting a link in the description. Glad you liked it!

-Keegs

382 Art Reviews

Awesome Job
I bet he's be pretty proud of your tribute

Rhunyc responds:

Thank you, that'd be an honor if it were so.

I wanna crack a joke about Dr. Mwho? Or perhaps a Luigi version, but then again I have always been more of a weegee fan anyway.

I already mentioned fading the boo in to the background more. so their is that.

I think you could also benifit from a stronger shadows. by pushing tinbs more in to the dark and having a focused light source you could give off of a more "single light source in a haunted house feel."

I really like the wide eye bit you got going on there with Dr. M I think it is the good start to an expression to go with the don't blink theme.

I like the shadowing you got going on with the mouth of boo. it has alot of the stronger shadows I was mentioning about doing on Dr. M

Over all I think this is a good improvement over past works. Your lines are cleaner and your coloring and shading are smoother.
Congrats man, keep it up

... how much....
No really... how much...

If you think you have what it takes, then come at me. I'll enjoy this.

33, Male